Thursday, June 8, 2023 – 1300 – 1500 CEST Time
Please join us for the “Fencing for the Planet” webinar, an informative and useful programme that is part of an FIE global environmental initiative. We will be discussing ways in which local and national initiatives and actions may be undertaken to benefit and protect the environment.
The session will offer ideas at many levels to inspire fencers, coaches, supporters, clubs and federations to become involved in environmental efforts. This is part of the FIE’s effort—along with many other sports—to create a global sustainability network, and to make a difference in improving our world.
The webinar will include the following panelists:
- Ana Irene Delgado Guerra, FIE Vice-President, head of the “Fencing and Environment” working group
- Julie Duffus, IOC, Sustainability Senior Manager
- Melissa Alvarenga, Pan American Fencing Confederation, Executive Secretary
- Alaaeldin Abouelkassem (EGY), Olympic medallist
- Bianca Santa, athlete (PUR)
- Carlos Correa, former environment minister of Colombia
- Alvaro de Marichalar, explorer (ESP)
- Etienne Stott, Olympic champion and environment activist (GBR)
The webinar will be moderated by Serge Timacheff, FIE Media Manager, and simultaneous interpretation for English will be provided in French and Spanish.
To register, please use the following link:https://fie-ch.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwtce-tpjkrGdxT8XGmVWnEhvecHrnIo9Hd